Live in luxury at the top of the world. This exquisite two story penthouse in the renowned Trafalgar building located atop beautiful Mount-Royal in the heart of downtown Montreal is unmatched in elegance and exclusivity. Relish the stature and atmosphere of a mansion in the clouds equipped with all the advantages of condo life. Magnificent appointments, high ceilings, exquisite views and classic refinement grace every step through the property from the expansive great room with space for dining and entertaining, to the multi-use library / family room across the hall, the staircase leading up to the top floor opening to a quiet sitting alcove with direct access to one of the two private terraces with expansive views and the massive master bedroom with complete ensuite bath.
Having occupied a significant presence in the heart of Montrealers and along the cities downtown skyline, the classic architecture throughout speaks to a time when craftsmanship and sophistication were unmatched. This unit graces the line between the large single-family homes in neighbouring Westmount and the nearby high-rise condos of the Golden Square Mile, setting the standard for luxury living in a national historic landmark designed by well-known architects Hutchinson & Wood under lead developer and constructor Joseph Gersovits. Erected in 1931 and converted to luxury condominiums in 1975, having undergone various recent restorations from the period correct elevators to the copper batten-seam roof with its unique ornamental designs.
Two bedrooms and one bath located adjacent the main unit (with direct access) also provide separate entry making an ideal space for use as a nanny's quarters, in-law suite, private office area or a multitude of other possibilities. The adjacent space is being acquired by prescription.
Included services range from concierge with valet parking, fully equipped exercise room, large shared public terraces that can be reserved for private events, to visitor parking in the interior courtyard and a dog run for the exclusive use of the residents.
- Monthly condominium fees include: heating, hot water (central), building insurance, maintenance of common areas and terraces, doorman and concierge service
- Classified cultural heritage of Mount Royal, pre-emption right in favour of Ministry of Culture
- Square footage of 4,736 is inclusive of the additional portion
Included in the sale
Fridge, stove, cellar, dishwasher, washer, dryer, alarm system equipment, decorative drop-light fixture in staircase, central AC and humidifier.
Excluded in the sale
Curtains and rods, light fixtures in entrance, all wall sconces, alarm system contract, personal belongings.
|Kitchen||Other||15.10x13.5 P||Ceramic tiles|
|Living room||Other||20.0x30.0 P||Wood|
|Dining room||Other||20.0x16.1 P||Wood|
|Family room||Other||13.0x12.0 P||Wood|
|Home office||Other||14.7x13.3 P||Wood|
|Master bedroom||Other||20.0x15.2 P||Wood|
|Bathroom||Other||7.8x6.1 P||Ceramic tiles|
|Bathroom||Other||5.10x8.6 P||Ceramic tiles|
Assessment, taxes and other costs
- Common Fees $1
- Condo fees $2,196 Per Month
- Municipal taxes $16,072
- School taxes $2,219
- Municipal Building Evaluation $1,858,300
- Municipal Land Evaluation $299,000
- Total Municipal Evaluation $2,157,300
- Evaluation Year 2018
Building details and property interior
- Landscaping Patio
- Cupboard Wood
- Heating system Hot water
- Water supply Municipality
- Heating energy Natural gas
- Easy access Elevator
- Equipment available Central air conditioning, Electric garage door, Alarm system
- Available services Fire detector
- Windows Aluminum
- Hearth stove Gaz fireplace
- Garage Valet , Heated, Fitted
- Distinctive features Street corner
- Proximity Cegep, Hospital, Park - green area, Bicycle path, Elementary school, High school, Cross-country skiing, Public transport, University
- Siding Concrete, Brick, Pressed fibre
- Bathroom / Washroom Adjoining to the master bedroom
- Parking Garage
- Sewage system Municipal sewer
- Window type Tilt and turn
- View Water, Mountain, Panoramic, City
- Zoning Residential